At Winterfest Sydney Medieval Fair, enter a medieval realm which brings the settings of Game of Thrones and Lord of the Rings to life!
Escape the everyday and explore a world of history and fantasy at this popular familyfriendly fair. From knights, vikings and peasants to unicorns and orcs, the two-day event features an extensive program to delight the whole family.
Winterfest is one of the longest-running annual medieval fairs in the Sydney metro region, held on the first weekend of the winter school holidays, 7th and 8th of July, at the Hawkesbury Showground, between Richmond & Windsor.
Immerse yourself in the action with a wonderful line-up of entertainment, including:
• The exciting Winterfest Jousting Tournament: see the face-off between champions in the sport of kings!
• Full Contact Fighting: The best from Australia and New Zealand compete in the Historical Medieval Battles tournament for selection to represent their country in the Battle of the Nations World Championships!
• Graceful and powerful raptors fly free in the Full Flight Birds of Prey display. Learn about birds of prey in Australia and the history of falconry.
• Melee Battles with knights in armour from a range of historical periods. Watch the groups battle for supremacy in the ‘Combat and Arms’ display, which concludes with the ‘Grand Melee’!
• The Re-enactors’s Row, where you can try helmets, armour, shields and weapons. Friendly re-enactors from the dark ages through to the 17th century enjoy sharing their knowledge about the people and period they are re-enacting.
Have a go at handson activities including a traditional archery range, Celtic drumming workshops, and the chance to learn to use a rapier. Children can practice their skills with (safe) swords and get creative with medieval themed drawing, colouring and crafts. The popular Winterfest unicorns are back, and they love pats from you and the kids.
Visit the ‘Artisan Alley’ with lots of educational and interactive displays of traditional skills, and take a stroll through the ‘Merchant’s Row’ to browse the vibrant range of stalls including quality artisan and handcrafted wares.
Tickets are on sale through ticketebo.com.au/winterfest or on the gate. Pre-purchase tickets to take advantage of exclusive online discounts. For more Winterfest information, visit winterfest.com.au.